Monday, November 2, 2015

Peppermint

Common Name: Peppermint

Latin Name: Mentha × piperita

Parts used: Flowers, Leaves, Stems

Identification Notes: Mints of all kinds grow well in areas that have reasonable moisture, Peppermint is one of my favorites we have Spearmint growing in our yard too but the Peppermint is notably darker green and the stem has a red to violet color to it.

How used: The medicinal uses are well documented and if you lucky enough to have it growing in your yard pick and dry the leaves well and keep them in your kitchen cupboard, a cup of Peppermint tea will take care of many digestive problems not the least of which is gas or just an upset tummy. It just tastes great too.
Dose: N/A
Document Results:Well I happen to love beans, all kinds of beans and pay the price sometimes if I don't prepare them correctly (to de-gas the little buggers), I brew a cup of Peppermint tea and BINGO all better. I also like to over do hot sauce! Yes I am a glutton for punishment, love my Tobasco, Franks Red Hot, Tapito, and so on. Peppermint tea to the rescue.
Please comment if you stopped by.

No comments:

Post a Comment