Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Serious Cough Remedy

Ok friends, COPD is no joke and because I have it I do try to avoid getting a chest cold or worse as I have had pneumonia several times in my life. This cold I currently have is wearing my patients real thin, the cough is not getting better and I decided to find a remedy I could make myself. Years ago I was dealing with pneumonia and could not take off work, the kids were little and I had to work come hell or high water so I bought this little bottle of stuff from Elliots Health-food Store that was suppose to clear up chest colds and help get all the crap out of my lungs. It worked miracles, but I never wrote down what the stuff was. So here I am in a similar situation although going to work is not an issue, breathing is. So try this if you ever are in need of a chest congestion, cough remedy it sure worked for me.
I will include a link to the site I found the recipe for this cough remedy and I have to say it works like a champ! I had to modify the recipe to use fresh Ginger instead of the dried but it works !! Hall-a Loo-LA it works.
Be sure to read the disclaimer too it should NOT be given to young children.
MAGGIE’S COUGH REMEDY
¼ teaspoon Cayenne
¼ teaspoon Ginger
1 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar (an organic one, like Bragg’s, is preferred.)
2 Tablespoon Water
1 Tablespoon Honey (use a locally produced raw honey, if possible.)
Dissolve cayenne and ginger in cider vinegar and water. Add honey and shake well. Take 1 Tablespoon as needed for cough. Hoo-wee.
Note: This is potent albeit watery syrup. It also doesn’t dissolve perfectly. Always shake well before using.
Here is the link to the site..........

No comments:

Post a Comment